Re: PRO not dead????

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PRO not dead????
From: "Crider, James A." <JamesCrider@metaldyne.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:51:51 -0400
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 21:47:41 -0400, "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net> said:

>I saw the PRO (Precision Racing Organization) rig at our local Atlanta
>autocross site today... Looked like it was an arrive and drive program
>of some sort....

>Interesting.....

Yeah, I saw it a couple weeks ago in a strip mall parking lot in West
Bloomfield, Michigan, on July 4.  Curious, I dropped old friend Steven Volpp a
note and learned he's moved from Meridian to Ludington, Michigan (his wife's
hometown), and PRO is still an ongoing concern.  They've got a gig with
Hatchette Filipacchi magazines to do a Car and Driver/Road & Track "test drive"
tour with some collection of sports sedans (http://www.rideanddrive.net), which
is what the old rig is supporting (it was on its way to Tampa when I saw it).
They're also sanctioning the Formula BMW championship road racing series
(http://bmw-motorsport.com/04-303ADAE0BBD2049F7C2E4392B227686D/ms/en/4_serien/42_fbmw/429_usa/index.html).

Steven said PRO would be announcing something new in the autocross arena Real
Soon Now.

Jim Crider
autojim@despammed.com

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation
is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning
is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient. Thank you. Metaldyne
LLC