Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: The ProSolo Driver's Manifesto

To: Rick Brown <rickracer@quixnet.net>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: The ProSolo Driver's Manifesto
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:03:46 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Rick Brown wrote:
> started by a waved flag.  But the participants still enjoyed it.  Now if
> JACircuits or one of the others came up with a mod to their timers to allow
> timing of two courses, etc., you might see more interest.  We have a local
> person working on an add on to our timers to control a light tree and send a
> start pluse to two JACircuits just for a practice event prior to our local
> ProSolo next year.   Don't know if it will do red light, or other features,
> but we'll see.

Couple thoughts... You're aware of "Chrono Mode" on JAC's timer, right?
It will recognize up to four signal trips that get dumped w/ a timestamp
out the serial port.  I think newer models have this built in, but older
ones cost $300 to update.  That plus a bit of software may be a cheaper
way to go for you.  Certainly it'd be cheaper to replicate...

Still don't know how you'd do a redlight though.  Maybe manually like they
do with jumped starts on races?

Mark