RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: The ProSolo Driver's Manifesto

To: <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: The ProSolo Driver's Manifesto
From: "Greg Ward" <gward@spokes.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:41:10 -0600
Very good points.

We'd love to be able to put on ProSolo type events. The trouble we face is not
having a suitable site. I don't think we'd have a problem buying the equipment
but it's hard to justify unless you have a good site and are assured you'll have
that site for a long while.

And as you say, because we can't that means a lot of people will never be
exposed to it.

Just piggy-backing onto the points you've raised I'm wondering if approaching
this at a divisional level might be workable. Certainly the divisional sites
I've seen have been suitable for ProSolo, and if there was enough interest I
don't imagine it would be too difficult to raise money to obtain equipment. For
example I would be all for chipping in with say the Texas and Houston regions if
it meant that we could put on a ProSolo type event each year. And I think that
could be a stepping stone towards hosting a true ProSolo event.

I do think that ProSolo stands a better chance of surviving if it can be brought
to the masses (so to speak) as opposed to raising it to a level that many might
feel is beyond their reach. It's tough enough (and expensive enough) being
competitive in Solo II. If that bar gets raised higher for a "professional"
ProSolo series it will only push people away IMO.

Greg
'05 Spokes Pres.
'00 Miata SM2 79