SM 91 Civic Build up

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SM 91 Civic Build up
From: j.luhmann@mchsi.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 07:29:14 +0000
Autox.Team.net

Building up a 91 Civic standard. I have a B17A (160 hp vs. 70 hp stock) ready
to swap into it and also in the process of planning the rest of the build.
Particularly intrested in what people think for suspension setup. The civic
understeered heavily and was mostly thinking new koni's, springs rates?, and a
small front anti sway bar (crx HF or civic DX) and a progress 24 mm adjustable
bar. What do you guys thingk? I have already swapped out the rear drums for
disk brakes and added a master cylinder from a 92 Integra GS-R which is the
same car the discs came from. I am going to need a wide rim 8 in but, not
finding any on tire rack or other places in the small 13,14,15 inch sizes.
Where do you guys find these at? Thinking the 13's with a 225 tire  kumho v700
or advan A048 as I see there coming to America. I'm from the
Minnesota/Wisconsin area. Ran in a variety of cars last year liked the short
wheelbase but, not the lack of power in the civic, so decided to build a
streetable, very fun SM civic.

thanks for all the help

jdlhonda