Re: STS tires

To: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: STS tires
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:51:54 -0500
At 04:38 PM 12/29/2004, Charlie Davis wrote:
>I'm thinking about another STS project.  205/50-15
>seems to be the size of choice, in either Azenis or
>Kumho.  I'm wondering if anyone has tried 225/45-16s
>on a ~2500 lb car, and if there are other tires I
>should be considering...
>
>TIA,
>Charlie

Hey Charlie,

I thought the whole idea of "street tire" classes was to just run
"everyday" "commute on them" tires with no worry about what the trick tire
is this week <grin>

Maybe there should be a rule change for ST classes to require all season
min treadwear 400 tires. Then AWD would really dominate.

Dick (who knows that you understand even if many of the "street tire"
advocates don't)