RE: [evolution-disc.] RSX-Type S

To: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] RSX-Type S
From: Dave Hardy <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:41:43 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
The reason not to be a strong enforcer on it is not because it's a local event,
it's because it's a mod with no performance advantage.  It's cosmetic.  It just
doesn't matter.  The local slant is that hopefully at a local event people will
be reasonable - which is likely not the case at a national event.

When my car was being repainted I ran a few events with it in various states of
disassembly.  Nobody cared.  We've got a mustang that comes and runs with us
with an aftermarket subframe.  Clearly illegal, but nobody cares becasue it
doesn't make him substancially faster, and better competitors make better
drivers.

I didn't mean to imply that the local events should be run in a state of
anarchy, or that they don't matter.  I was hoping that people could look past
the letter of the law and go with it's intent, which in this case was to have
relatively equal cars competing against one another.

Dave "Cheatin' Bastard" Hardy
DILYSI Motorsports