AutoX/TS weirdness... Help!

Subject: AutoX/TS weirdness... Help!
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:23:24 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

At our events this past weekend, we saw some autoX/TS weirdness... I was
hoping someone had run into it before and could tell us what we're doing
wrong.

We registered everyone for the event, assigning all entrants to run heat
1.  We also had some drivers with no heat assignment who weren't at the
event.  Then we run the heat assignment wizard to figure out and assign
the heats for everyone.

Some classes were apparently being left off the heat assignment wizard
altogether, weren't assigned a run heat, etc.

We can't really figure out what we're doing wrong here and this is the
first time we've had this issue in the last few years we've been running
autoX/TS.

Stuff that's different from last year (when we didn't have these
problems)...  I've re-entered all the classes, supplying a new name (with
up four characters, since we don't have mirrored ladies classes), no
extended class names, and two "local" indexed classes with single letter
identifiers.

Anyone know of any bugs related to four letter classes or multiple indexed
classes or ??

Thanks!

(we'd also like to hear recommendations for other timing systems that have
AutoX/TS's general functionality for event setup, grid/manual recording
sheets, interoperation with a JACircuits timer w/ChronoMode, etc. but that
supports a windows interface & windows printer drivers, and perhaps uses
some kinda JDBC compliant backend db so that we can more easily write
points generation software, etc.  I've not heard a resounding
recommendation for any software yet (or if it was resounding, there was an
equally resounding recommendation against it)).

Thanks a ton!

Mark
SCR Solo Chair