Awards at Topeka...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Awards at Topeka...
From: GRMPer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:32:21 EDT
This will be my 11th Nationals, while I'm not an old goat 100-percenter like
Rick Ruth, I still have seen my share of really cool stories of hard work,
perserverence and downright awesome behavior amongst the competitors and
workers
at the Solo National Championships.

When we were working out our plans for this year's nats, we discussed how to
recognize the wacky/crazy/awesome people that make up the sport of
autocrossing. We came up with an idea for an award that celebrates the hard
work and
perserverence that makes autocrossers so great.   We'll be picking two
competitors
that have exhibited these traits, one from the Tuesday/Wednesday crew and one
from the Thursday/Friday crew.    The winner of each Hardcore Driver award
will receive a free G-Force helmet from G-Force Racing Gear.

We're asking for your help in picking this winner.   With the help of the
SCCA staff, we've included a nomination form in your entry packet.   If you see
person who is truly hardcore, fill out out the form and drop it off at our
booth on vendor row.    The person could be seen rebuilding a transmission in
grid or helping another competitor get their runs...it's wide open!

Thanks!

Per Schroeder
Grassroots Motorsports magazine