SEMA Solstice - options?

To: alandahl@mac.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SEMA Solstice - options?
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:39:42 EST
I wouldn't say that. I've driven one and it's nice with tight
suspension and tons and tons of grip. A little down on power (or more
correctly high on weight) but it's not a slug. Probably not good
enough to win at Nationals but should do well in the hands of a
capable driver and it wouldn't surprise me to see one finish 10th or
so at Nationals. Perhaps the '07 Solstice Coupe will be lighter,
we'll see. The Solstice that bears watching however is the 240hp
turbocharged version which should arrive in a year or so. With all
that grip and 240hp it should be a sweet ride.

- - Alan  Dahl

Alan - The Solstice I want to drive was the "Mallett" version in the  hall
outside the Main SEMA display Area this week. The $18,000 Mallett  "option" on
the $24,000 car adds an LS2 Corvette motor, a dry sump and a  bunch of other
items. It would be even more of a porker than the stock Solstice  or Sky, but
the 400 HP could make up for some of it! The Sky they had on display  - And you
could sit in it - was very nice, but not for the long of leg. Still  $10,000
cheaper than the Corvette Convertible - Seth  Emerson