RE: Got Sirota PAX analysis?

To: "'Scott Troyer - DDR TestEng'" <stroyer@micron.com>
Subject: RE: Got Sirota PAX analysis?
From: "Eric Salem" <ebsalem1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:35:18 -0600
In road racing there's long been the adadge about driver's and cars, "All
the driver can do is slow down the car."

If we accept this time honored saying and we assume most cars are pretty
much setup near the limits of their class rules then we must assume it's
drivers not the car within a given class.

Following racing's basic tenant of 'I - Me - Mine' we can assume that the
drivers would rebel against a 'driver handicap' as it might not make some
look good. So be it.

As drivers we've all had good days and bad. I'd suggest the only difference
between us on a good day and the handful in the US that acutally get paid
drive is that the paid drivers don't have bad days. (note: my definition of
a Paid Driver is someone who is paid by the team or factory and has all
expenses covered.)

  _____