fall '06 NASA Mid-Atlantic autoX & dd schedule

To: nasa-va_list@yahoogroups.com, nasava-autox@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: fall '06 NASA Mid-Atlantic autoX & dd schedule
From: "Get Fast Enterprises- Jon Felton" <get_fast@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:37:40 GMT
NASA-MA is pleased to announce four autocrosses (www.nasaracing.net)
and three accident avoidance / defensive driving schools
(www.drivewiseusa.com) at our amazing new asphalt site in Richmond,
Virginia this fall:

Sunday October 1st (big fast fall test-o-cross/non points event)

Sunday October 29th (fall triplecross round 1/drivewise accident
avoidance school)

Sunday November 26th (fall triplecross round 2/drivewise accident
avoidance school)

Sunday December 17th (fall triplecross round 3/drivewise accident
avoidance school)

Registration has just opened for that first event on Sun 10/1:

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?
psevent_id=6054

It is a non-points autocross, test & tune, and new site experiment.
You will not be disappointed! We will offer 4 (100-minute-each) heats
for less than 20 cars each (80 cars maximum including officials) with
two separate half-day formats (two separate drivers meetings and
reg/tech timeframes also.)  For 10/1, gates open at 7:30a; morning
session (heats 1 & 2) will be 8:30a-12:30p; afternoon session (heats 3
& 4) will be 1p-5p; gates close at 5:30p.

Single entries cost $40 and will offer 6-10 runs; double entries cost
$75 and will offer 12-20 runs. NASA membership is not required and
does not get an entry fee discount for this particular event. The
course may change during lunch (remember, we're figuring out a new
site) so no official results will be calculated. NASA TT car classing
will be utilized for reference only.

This beautiful new facility is located near I-95 in Richmond,
Virginia. It is less than 100 miles from Washington DC or Virginia
Beach.  The course surface itself is fairly recent, mostly flat,
remarkably smooth asphalt and measures approximately 900 feet long by
400 feet wide. Paddock/grid/tech/etc will be located on an adjacent
paved area, which means we should have plenty of room for a big fast
twisty fun course! The exact location of the venue will be revealed to
participants at least a week prior to the event (or as soon as the
paperwork clears.)

This event is RAIN OR SHINE. Entry cancellations for credits or
refunds (minus MAE service charges) are allowed until 6pm on Sun Sept
24. After that timeframe, no refunds or credits will be given - but
substitutions are ok.

As mentioned way above, we will return to this great new site on Oct
29, Nov 26, and Dec 17 for the "Fall TripleCross" championship series,
which will offer lots of fun and prizes.

Please mark your calendars and tell your friends - it's gonna be
FUN!  ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Jon Felton
804.545.3949 office