Shop Jack rebuilds

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop Jack rebuilds
From: Craig Naylor <magazine@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:14:15 -0700
Larry,
        Assuming this is not a scissors or some other kind of specialty jack
(you state shop vs. floor), both stores mentioned often have jacks in this
range on Sale for under $100.00.  Harbor Freight currently lists an ugly orange
3000lbs jack for $89.00, and a 2 1/2 ton "long frame" are $169.  but neither
are currently on sale.
        False economy? That probably depends on what your time researching,
getting, and then rebuilding is worth, if it can be done at all.
        Additionally do you need a 2 1/2 ton jack, will one of the light weight
alum "racing" jacks (3000lbs) that come in the cool colors that often go on
sale for $79 - $89 do the job?  Costco for the last two Christmas seasons has
carried an alum jack kit, including a 2 ton floor jack, 2 stands, and a
crawler, for $99.00.  My wife bought it for me last Christmas.    Although on
the inexpensive side of gifts she has given, probably the most practical and
used gifts I have ever received.

Craig