Shop jack rebuilds?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop jack rebuilds?
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:34:28 -0400
Guys,

My 2 1/2 ton shop jack, the one I got 20+ years ago in a sample swap with a
customer is acting up. It will lift to a certain point and then it feels
like the pump kicks out.  I know there is oil in there, so I am assuming
that one of the seals has finally bit the dust.

Does anybody know if they make rebuild kits for these jacks, or sell
replacement hydraulic bits?

Is trying to rebuid the jack going to be an exercise in false economy?
Should I retire the old girl and go to Sears or the Harbor Freight store and
buy a new one?

Larry Steckel

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and morethen map the best
route!  http://local.live.com