13" x 9" Real Racing wheels & mounted Hoosier tires for sale

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 13" x 9" Real Racing wheels & mounted Hoosier tires for sale
From: "Cox, Bradley J" <Bradley.Cox@integris-health.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:29:28 -0500
This breaks my heart, but I figured I'd toss it out to you guys first,
then ebay if nobody here is interested...

I'm selling my autox wheels.  They're Real Racing 2 piece aluminum
wheels purchased from www.rsracing.com .  Specs are 13" x 9" with 5"
backspacing, 4 x 100 bolt pattern (fits Civics, CRX's, Integras, and
Miatas), and they weigh 11.2 lbs each.  The backspacing works perfectly
with 5th gen and 6th gen Civic's, CRX's, Del Sol's, and Integras.  It
may also work well on 4th gen Civic's/CRX's, but I don't know for sure.
The 9" width works perfectly with Hoosier radials or bias ply's because
Hoosiers like to be stretched.

The wheels cost $246 each new.  They are in *spotless* condition and
have seen very limited use (7 autox events).  Also, keep in mind that
standard studs may not be long enough because the flange is very thick
(these wheels are *tough* as well as light).  Anyone who'd be interested
in them will already know that probably, but I didn't want to surprise
anyone.  And swapping studs on a Honda is definitely not a big deal...

Included with them are a set of 225/45/13 Hoosier Street TD bias ply
tires (mounted).  They cost $165 each new.  I love the bias ply tires
because they are so camber-friendly.  I drove my autox car on the street
so I didn't want to be concerned with 3 degrees of camber eating up my
tires.  These wore perfectly with 1.3 - 1.5 degrees on all 4 corners.
The tires have worn very evenly and have a lot of tread left, but are a
few years old (a surprise job change and subsequent move took me away
from autox).  Some Formula V should bring them back nicely though.
They're probably good for at least 40 more runs because the Street TD
compound is tougher than the Autocross compound.  Although, the
treadwear rating is still zero so they grip like crazy.

This setup is about as good as it gets for a Honda or Miata racing in
the Street Prepared classes.  It's also a highly competitive combo for a
Street Modified project.  It breaks my heart to get rid of them, but I
just can't afford to have them sitting around when I'm not able to be
involved in autox for the forseeable future.

Price is $700 plus shipping for everything because I need them gone
quick...  I'll get some pictures of them over the next couple of days
and email them to anyone who is interested.

Thanks for reading!

-Brad

protection under state and federal law. This information is intended to be for
the use of the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited and may be punishable by law. If you have
received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by
electronic mail (reply).