Re: SFR Calendar for 2001 is posted

To: "James Creasy" <black94pgt@pacbell.net>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: SFR Calendar for 2001 is posted
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:55:14 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Creasy" <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>; <navidk@home.com>; <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>;
<ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2000 12:38 PM

> i really liked driving lucy...

Even though she's an overweight pig compared to your FFR? ;)  (if anyone
remembers James talking about what his FFR weighs, you'll know what I mean)

> it amazed me how there were suddenly all
> these choices for lines and correcting lines, and how easy it was to feel
> where the threshold of braking was, and how predictable and controllable
the
> oversteer was.

I got similar impressions of my Miata after switching from my 300ZX.  I
could feel which end was about to let go and could control the brakes much
better than the Z, which by contrast usually would push through a corner
unless for some reason it felt like spinning (and there was no way to catch
the rear end in the Z; that I can do in the Miata unless I really screw up)
and had powerful brakes but a really mushy pedal.  It never ceases to amaze
me how easy a Miata is to drive out of a slide, which is a good thing at GGF
since the best line for my car is almost never clean ;)

> actually, all that information was a little overwhelming.
> but i was going alot slower than katie so perhaps that was misleading.  i
> CAN see that if you could make use of all that feedback it would be really
> fast.  a beautifully balanced car in any case, and WAY over my head :)

Driving the car well takes a lot of practice.  I'm not quite there yet, but
I'm having a helluva lot of fun learning my car.

> new tires and softer suspension are planned, thanks.

Guess I should take my shox back down to full soft...

Scot
'91 CS Miata