RE: "objectionable" sponsorship?

To: "'Talley, Brooks'" <brooks@frnk.com>,
Subject: RE: "objectionable" sponsorship?
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:45:21 -0800
Dear Brooks,

This sounds like a question for "Ask the Ace!" In other words, you've come
to the right place. I get these questions all the time.

And well, Brooks, I don't know what to tell you. All I can do is attempt to
describe my involuntary facial expressions that I noticed as I read your
post. I have a mirror by my desk, and I did periodic checks.

Hold on. Let me read your post again, and I'll tell you what I see.

PLEASE STAY TUNED, AS KATIE READS TALLEY'S POST YET AGAIN, AND CHECKS MIRROR
FOR INVOLUNTARY FACIAL EXPRESSIONS.

Okay, here we go:

>I have an opportunity to pick up some much-needed sponsorship
>cash for the upcoming season.

Smile, nods of encouragement.

>Thing is, the company is an adult web site;

Head pulled back, smile turns to grimace, left side of upper lip cocked,
brow wrinkled as eye brows raise, eyes a bit larger than normal.

>The name itself doesn't contain anything graphic or obscene,
>though the name clearly indicates the type of site it is.

Left side of upper lift lowers, now forced smile, but it's kind of hard to
hide the disgust.

>I've scoured the rulebooks, and only found vague references to
>"objectionable" sponsors.  Is there any real policy here?

Mouth closed, corners of mouth pulled down, exaggeratingly, yet eyes
completely wide open, eye brows raised very high, eyes open, as if in a
state of shock.

Well, again, I can't tell you what to do. Let your conscience be your guide.
And you know, if you feel you have to ask, that should tell you something.

It is free stuff, you know. You have to weigh out the costs. At least it's
not STRICTLY a porn site, she said, ha ha, typing nervously.

I can't talk about this stuff anymore. I'm the Ace, not Dan Savage! I can't
help you! Forget it!

Katie Kelly,
Ace Reporter