RE: "objectionable" sponsorship?

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "objectionable" sponsorship?
From: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:07:34 -0800
The Ace wrote:

> Well, again, I can't tell you what to do. Let your conscience
> be your guide.
> And you know, if you feel you have to ask, that should tell
> you something.

Well, thing is, not's not really my conscience so much as my complete lack
of ability to guage what other people consider offensive.  I routinely make
my mom swoon and drink big glasses of water with what I consider casual
conversation, and periodically she casually brings up something I'd long
considered taboo.  I've come to the conclusion that I need to ask rather
than assume.

If I wasn't sensitive to the potential reactions of other people (like, if I
was 10 years younger), I would have graphic interspecies sex acts on the car
if it meant not having to buy all those expensive but essential upgrades.

Imagine how I'd feel if, after donating blood to raise cash for parts,
everyone said "you moron, it would have been fine!"

> I can't talk about this stuff anymore. I'm the Ace, not Dan
> Savage!

Damn, so easy to get confused between the two!  Are you sure?

Cheers... thanks for the advice.  I'm still unsure.
-b