RE: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?

To: "'Joe Ciarcia'" <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Anyone doing STX for the slush series?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:11:51 -0700
On a side exhaust car, when the car is moving forward, the air rushing past
the tips of the exhaust pipes would create a low pressure system. I wonder if
the improved scavenging effect would be measureable on a dyno. I doubt it.

Would insulation provide a measurable gain? It sounds unlikely, but who knows?
The JBA headers for the SVT Cobra engines are ceramic coated for insulation.
Is it for extra power, or to protect the rest of the engine bay from the heat?
I doubt it is to protect the rest of the engine bay, as the stock headers
don't have any insulation. Perhaps the insulation idea really isn't a joke...