Re: Brazillian F1... what the heck was that?

To: Carl Merritt <CMerritt@luminous.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brazillian F1... what the heck was that?
From: Matthew Rehrer <mrehrer@rehrer.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:20:33 -0700
I completely respectfully disagree.

The spirit of the rules that I was referring to
is that they were clearly written to roll back
time to reflect the racing order such that it
was not manipulated by whatever incident caused
the red flag.  The two lap thing seemed to me to
be an arbitrary allowance that implied that the
act of stopping the race would take ~2 laps.

Rules are created to serve spirit.  Sometimes
they fail but this is their raison d'jtre.

Matthew