Re: multiple Series with multiple personalities?

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>,
Subject: Re: multiple Series with multiple personalities?
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:07:05 -0400

Message text written by "John J. Stimson-III"

" If we dropped every event
that conflicted with another series, our own schedule would be pretty
sparse."

Exactly. And this affects every organizer. Thus when putting together a
schedule you have to ignore what the other folks are doing.
        When doing that chore I had a fellow request that SFR not conflict
with any Tour or Pro on the West Coast. By following all of the proposals
we would have to drop ALL of our SFR events. I don't think so. As the other
folks really don't care about what SFR does, escept maybe to shut us down,
our scheduler MUST ignore what other people are doing.
There are only just so many dates and just so many sites. What SFR can do
is get its schedule together as early as possible. Thus the other folks
will work around our dates.
        We have been hampered over the past three years when our volunteer
doesn't get his or her act together as soon as possible. Our request
requires a super-human effort and, frankly our people are all-too-human. I
think we lost about three in the past three years. So please give the
scheduler a break.

--John Kelly