RE: Local Source for Hankook Ventus RS2 tires?

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net '" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Local Source for Hankook Ventus RS2 tires?
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:55:11 -0800
> Due to a snafu on the part of someone somewhere only
> two of my tires appear to be en route while the other
> two appear to be "Out for Delivery" in Orlando,
> Florida.

Just curious, who did you order the tires from?

Since I run Street Touring, the 2 most popular tire brands in class (Falken
and Hankook) are NOT available from Tire Rack.

Ordering from Discount Tire Direct on a set of Falkens a couple years back,
I had this happen.   4 tires, shipped from their warehouse (also in
Reno/Sparks, like Tire Rack).

2 of them made it the next day.

The other 2 went from Reno to the East Coast then BACK before I got
them....almost 2 wweeks later.

FWIW, last set I ordered (RS2s, about 10 months ago....due for more soon :))
were from EdgeRacing.com out of Florida.   They had the tires (most places
didn't, then), had a very good price, and had them on my doorstep (from
Florida) in a week.   I'd use them again....

Ed