Thanks all R6

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net (autox)
Subject: Thanks all R6
From: pault151@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:29:23 +0000
Thanks to everybody who helped out at the Round 6 event!!  There were some of
the unexpected (porta-potties in the wrong place), some of the not so
unexpected (garbage pickup from previous night took a while to get underway)
and of course the expected (the rain).  But Steve and I got excellent
volunteers and despite rivers on course and the motorhome location being
adjacent to a small lake, things got running.  We're going to get Don Ebaugh a
snorkel outfit for hooking up the gear in this situation!

I actually enjoyed the event some once over the jitters of Chair-dom.  The
reduced headcounts made it necessary to combine the groups which led to some
extended work duties, but at least the BIG group ran when the rain had quit.
And anyone who stayed got fun runs, and we still got picked up and packed right
about the time of the earliest sunset of the year.  So you weather lightweights
missed out.

Extra good karma to Jeremy, Les, Alan G., Don, Ed for the impromptu towing
services, and Rick "I love Slaloms!" Gould for the course design which mostly
generated good feedback.  And to Steve for being a very supportive co-chair who
got me to chill out when needed, and supplying beaucoup donuts.  Best wishes to
Alexander after his mishap.

Appreciatively,
Paul T.    #135 T2-ESP