RE: Thanks all R6

To: <pault151@comcast.net>, autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thanks all R6
From: Peter Mottaz <mph_16@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:43:16 -0800
So for the benefit of us "weather lightweights", what was the asphalt/surface
like (not including the rain)?

Pete

> From: pault151@comcast.net> To: ba-autox@autox.team.net> Subject: Thanks all
R6> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:29:23 +0000> > Thanks to everybody who helped
out at the Round 6 event!! There were some of the unexpected (porta-potties in
the wrong place), some of the not so unexpected (garbage pickup from previous
night took a while to get underway) and of course the expected (the rain). But
Steve and I got excellent volunteers and despite rivers on course and the
motorhome location being adjacent to a small lake, things got running. We're
going to get Don Ebaugh a snorkel outfit for hooking up the gear in this
situation!> > I actually enjoyed the event some once over the jitters of
Chair-dom. The reduced headcounts made it necessary to combine the groups
which led to some extended work duties, but at least the BIG group ran when
the rain had quit. And anyone who stayed got fun runs, and we still got picked
up and packed right about the time of the earliest sunset of the year. So you
weather lightweights missed out.> > Extra good karma to Jeremy, Les, Alan G.,
Don, Ed for the impromptu towing services, and Rick "I love Slaloms!" Gould
for the course design which mostly generated good feedback. And to Steve for
being a very supportive co-chair who got me to chill out when needed, and
supplying beaucoup donuts. Best wishes to Alexander after his mishap.> >
Appreciatively,> Paul T. #135 T2-ESP> > Your messages not reaching the list?>
air> === http://www.team.net/donate.html> > === unsubscribe/change address
requests to majordomo@autox.team.net or try> ===
http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool> === Other lists available at> ===