Re: What are the tires for Street Tire classes?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What are the tires for Street Tire classes?
From: Ed Runnion <ed_runnion@RegionOfDoom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:08:54 -0800
> Where do I find the list of legal tires for Street
> Tire classes? What are people using?

Anything with treadwear rating over 140.   This is true for both the
National classes (STS, STS2, STX, STU) as well as our "local only" ST
classes (T1, T2, ST2).

Most common used competitive tires are the Hankook RS-2 Z212, Kumho Ecsta
MX, Falken Azeni RT-615 (as well as the discontinued RT-215), and Yokohama
Advan AD07.   A few folks run other tires, but they are usually either not
competitive tires or vastly overpriced for their performance (i.e. BFG KD).

Ed