Re: What are the tires for Street Tire classes?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: What are the tires for Street Tire classes?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:04:26 -0800
On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 01:25:27AM -0500, Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:
> For the National Street Touring classes there are several ringer tires with
> 140 or higher treadwear rating that are on the Exclusion List.  SFR has no
> Exclusion List for our Street Tire classes.

In August the SFR Steering Committee voted to adopt the entire Street
Touring rule set for tires (less the width restrictions), although
that change has not appeared in the supplemental rules on the web.

Unless I missed a tech bulletin, the Pirelli PZero Corsa is the only
tire on the Street Touring tire exclusion list.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94