Re: Bricklin 4 Sale

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklin 4 Sale
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:03:03 EST
In a message dated 2/1/00 10:06:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, jblair@exis.net
writes:

>  >I noticed in the Auto Trader a couple of Bricks 4 sale
>  >76 $70,000
>  >74 $30,000
>  >75's @ 14.9k, 18K & 17k
>  >A previous HMN had a few Bricks @ 15-25k
>

>  It would be nice if a Very nice Bricklin would bring that kind of money,
>  but I think those owners asking those prices have been smoking something
>  OTHER than cigarettes.
>
>  John

John, Please!!!  Lets let them ask :)   I think good pricing advice is "it
depends on the condition."  It seems people are not distinguishing very well
for "grade" or condition.  Especially accounting for some of the common
repairs that often need to be made, when compared to a car that has been
extensively re-worked and all those fixes done.  I don't know what Roy Dunn
got for his 1319 suntan car (The one got  perfect 376 point score), but at
one time he was only asking $17,900.  I think it was worth MUCH more and an
amazing bargain compared to a lot of cars that are asking $8-10k.  John yours
probably will be in that same category and you know how much you have in it.
What would be nice is to see the prices more accurately reflect condition and
the very good cars go for more.

I wonder if there other ways to draw more attention to the cars that do well
at the meets?  As a way to help people appreciate how good Bricklins can look
and also inspire more owners to fix up their cars.

George Curley