Re: Any old 74 carbs around?

To: alphachi@writeme.com
Subject: Re: Any old 74 carbs around?
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:55:57 EST
In a message dated 2/23/2002 7:15:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
alphachi@writeme.com writes:

> My suggestion is to go with an Edelbrock replacement if possible, and not
> too large (like 4v500cfm tops), with elec choke, vac. sec, yada yada.

500cfm is too small!  I've got the Holley 1850 600 cfm (which was Terry's
recommendation) on stock manifold of my 74.  It was inexpensive and is very
good performer.  The orig carb was kind of junk, but I'm hanging onto it in
case I need to get more "original" one day.

George Curley #220, 670