Re: Any old 74 carbs around?

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Any old 74 carbs around?
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:23:54 -0500
"500cfm is too small!"

George Curley #220, 670
--------------------------

Well I guess the stock '74 360 setup is a better breather than I thought!
I'd
be very interested in what numbers were used to support a 600cfm.  While EB
recommends a 600cfm for modified 360s, this size may be slightly oversized
for a stock breather, perhaps even at redline, which I don't believe most
folk to a lot of with a 28 yr old powertrain.  The price of better WOT may
be some daily driving
fuel economy.  Unless you're more concerned about performance than economy
(the B is not stingy on gas to begin with), it may be better to go with a
smaller set up.  But again, I'm not at all a carb expert, and I've had
trouble getting two "experts" to agree on much when it comes to carbs.  The
great thing about this list is that we can benefit from those who have
already been there and can share the actual experience, especially when they
report accurately.  Thanks George.

stephan #2821