Jack Suita

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Jack Suita
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:30:24 -0400
I just received the following email and thought I'd pass it along:

--------

Hello friends of Jack Siuta, members of Bricklin International and all
other Bricklin car clubs, and all Bricklin fans,

Here is a short note to keep you informed.

Jack died September 13, 2003, in Chicago.

With some difficulty, I located Jack Siuta's obituary.  Initially, I was
given the wrong information.  However, out of reasonableness, I kept trying
the Buffalo News without success.  Donald Siuta, Jack's brother, confirmed
it to be in the Buffalo News on September 17;  finally I got it.  The
newspaper had a picture of Jack as well as the text, Donald said.  I am
attaching the obituary with a border I added along with a credit to make
this suitable for printing on parchment and framing.

The brief ceremony will be on Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 10:00 am
EDT, at the burial site, Forest Lawn Cemetery, 1411 Delaware Avenue,
Buffalo, NY 14209, in Area 33GT, Garden of Tranquility.  A family friend, a
Jesuit priest, will say a few words.

We have tried to get someone to attend, but so far it hasn't worked out due
to the distance, aging of Bricklin friends, costs, and weather.  We have
also tried to reach Malcolm Bricklin, also without success at this writing.

We will be there in spirit.

Goodbye, Jack.  May peace and God be with you.

Sincerely, Willard, VIN 1049, Safety Suntan.

Willard E. Anderson
2418 Ione Street
Lauderdale, MN 55113-5261

-------------

SIUTA - John R., helped develop subway car
9/17/2003

A graveside service for John R. "Jack" Siuta, an automobile enthusiast who
helped developed Buffalo's subway cars, will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday in
Forest Lawn's Garden of Tranquility.
Siuta, 55, died of a stroke Saturday (Sept. 13, 2003) in St. Joseph's
Hospital, Chicago.

Born in Buffalo, he graduated from Bishop Timon High School in 1966 and
attended Diocesan Preparatory Seminary and Canisius College. While in
school, he worked at Western Auto on Seneca Street.

After a Navy tour of duty, spent mostly aboard the USS Columbia in the
Mediterranean, he went back to work for Western Auto in Washington, D.C.
When the nationwide auto parts business closed, he joined TRW Developmental
and Atlantic Research and Development in San Diego, where he was part of
the team that developed the light-rail rapid-transit cars still used by
Metro Rail.

He later worked for Isuzu Automobile Corp. and Home Depot, for which he
managed stores in Buffalo, New York City, Pittsburgh and Chicago.

In the 1970s, Siuta started Bricklin International, an organization for
owners of the limited-edition sports car distinguished by its gull-wing
doors. He organized a 1975 convention in Niagara Falls that attracted
hundreds of Bricklin owners and fans and was highlighted by a parade of
cars to Buffalo's City Hall.

Surviving are his mother, Jean, and brother, Donald J., both of Buffalo.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair1948@cox.net

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V