Emissions requirements in the seattle Wash area....

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Emissions requirements in the seattle Wash area....
From: "Head Northwest young man.... 19-Jun-1990 1112" <mit-eddie!topdwn.enet.dec.com!metzger@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 90 08:12:58 PDT
I've accepted a new position that will require relocation to the Belvue/Seattle
washington area and I was wondering if anybody located there could tell me of
the emissions testing requirements for the area. I have a '70 MG Midget that
currently resides in MAss where it doesn't have to undergo any emissions tests.

Do they check for the presence of all emmision related equipment ? I'm not sure
if my car ever had an air pump on it but it doesn't have one now...

Do they have strick idle and load emissions tests ? I'm trying to determine if
I should just sell the car here in Mass rather than bring it across country and
not be able to drive it because of failed emissions....

thanks,

  John Metzger
  Digital Equipment Corp
  Maynard, Mass