Moving to Mass

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Moving to Mass
From: Dale C. Cook <mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 90 12:52:57 EDT
Well, I have to answer the "why would any sane person move to Mass"
question.

Background: I grew up in Southern California and went to school
in Northern California.  My first job was in Phoenix.

And I moved to Boston.

Why?

I love it here!  Sorry all you bashers but this is a really
great place to live!  (Don't tell!)

I live about 40 minutes from "the Hub" but I'm in the woods
and across the street from a lake (really!)  I get all the
benefits of a city but mostly live in a rural environment.
Not many place you can do that.

Furthermore, the people here are diffent from places like
the sun belt.  They are happy/proud to be here.  I can't
explain that except to say the only other places I've
seen this was in San Francisco and New Orleans.

So... welcome!

        - Dale