Re: carpet dyeing; a report

To: EDDIE.MIT.EDU!mit-eddie!ccwf.cc.utexas.edu!jtc@acsu.buffalo.edu (James TenCate)
Subject: Re: carpet dyeing; a report
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 90 13:05:51 EDT
Jim sez the carpet dye looks ok, but wonders how it will last.

I used some on our Healey years ago on hte original carpets.  I just
didn't like the stock red, so I sprayed 'em black.

About four years later after we had moved to Tacoma and mushroooms
started growing on the jump seats and the foot wells (we hadn't a
garage) we finally had to replace the carpets and upolstery.  The
carpets were really gross, but colorfast.  'Course in Tacoma we never
were able to tell how they'd have stood up to the sun!

Mike Tobin

BTW we got really protective of one of mushrooms: it was a cute
litte button-top thing and it got about 8" high.