Re: TR paint code help & info about Bay Area

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TR paint code help & info about Bay Area
From: apollo!brady_p@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Pete Brady)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 90 09:53:16 EDT
>> Anyway, here is my problem.  I can not find a paint number that my local
>> automotive paint store can reference from.  My goal is to end up with a
>> lacquer paint that is a match to the original alkaline enamel.
>>
>> TeriAnn

TeriAnn:

When my father worked for Sherwin-Williams, I was able to get all sorts of
hard to obtain paint thru their automotive division. I don't remember how
many years back they go, however I was able to get paint for my 64 Corvair
in 1976 without too much problem. You may want to check in the phone book
for one of their commercial outlets, or call a local store to see if they
can help; most of the retail places are less than helpful these days though
for things outside house paint and wallpaper.

I'll be out at the Seybold Seminars in San Jose from 28 Sep to 7 Oct. If you
are going, stop by the HP booth to say hello; I'll probably be there any time
you stop by :-(. However, I'm looking for ideas of things to do in my free
time, particularly brit-car oriented. I'm not sure what to do because I've
never been to the bay area. If you have any ideas, please send them to
brady_p@apollo.hp.com. Thanks!

--pete

J. Peter Brady                              INTERNET: brady_p@apollo.hp.com
Hewlett Packard/Workstation Group Mktg      UUCP:
{mit-eddie,attunix,decvax}!apollo!brady_p
M/S CHF-02-MD                               PHONE: +1-508-256-6600 extension
7423
300 Apollo Drive, Chelmsford, MA  01824     HP TELNET: 256-7423