Re: Overheating battery (MGB)

To: Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Overheating battery (MGB)
From: djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov (Daniel J. Dasaro)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 92 11:50:41 -0800
        Roger Garnett indicates it's the battery and writes:

        If you buy a new battery for an MGB, get 1 12V, and install it on the
        passenger side. Costs about the same as one 6V, and it's all new.
        Move the ground strap from the drivers side to the passenger side.

I plan to do that sometime but I think I can get this battery replaced
for nothing under warranty.  I just have to get to San Fran. between 8
and 5 Mon-Fri.

This means no driving this weekend!  Aaargh!  Oh well, at least it died
near my house.  I made at least 3 stops on the way home from work and it
restarted each time so the battery picked the right time to go south.

-Dan