RE: TR Books

To: lrs@hpindwa.cup.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR Books
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1992 13:09:20 -0500 (CDT)
>Does anyone have the book, 'Original Triumph TR: The Restorer's Guide'?
>I was thinking of buying it, but, I'd like to find out if it's really
>a good book.  It's a $30 and it's only 96 pages long!  Is it worth the

I bought the book a couple of months ago and am very pleased with it.
(Although I only paid 24.95 for it at the time from Classic Motorbooks.)
For my money, the beautiful photos were worth the price.  It probably
emphasizes the TR2-TR4 a little more than the TR6, but there is plenty of
information on any of the models.  It doesn't so much point out "what to
look for when buying a TR" as it does point out what to do to have a
concours-level car.   Bill Piggott is obviously very knowledgable about
TR's.  Sometimes I just open it up for the drool factor.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726