Spitfire Books and Manuals?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Spitfire Books and Manuals?
From: lrigdon@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 92 14:33:29 -0500
The recent conversation about reference books prompts me to ask if anyone
has strong endorsements for early Spitfire manuals and such. I am slightly
embarrassed to admit  the winter effort on the '65 Spit was put off by the
sudden and fatal demise of the crankshaft in our VW camper. I am thinking
that this spring might be a good time to do a little more background
research while the car is patiently waiting its turn. It now seems this
will be the second summer without a driveable LBC... drat.
Lyle