Re: Storing Old Parts

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com
Subject: Re: Storing Old Parts
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 92 13:33:34 pdt
> Date: 24 Apr 92 12:49:57
> From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
> Subject: Storing Old Parts
> To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu

>     I can't seem to bring myself to throw anything away.  For example, I have
> two or three used clutches.  I'm too fussy to actually install them in a car,
> but who knows?  One day, they may be the last TR3 clutches left in North

>  After a while, parts collecting seems to become a goal in itself.
>
>    Of course, you other Scions are no doubt immune to the parts-collecting
> disease.  Oh, I'm so ashamed!   :-)

Perhaps this will make you feel better.  My justification
(rationalization) for keeping every nut, bolt and piece that ever came
off of on my snake is because the nut case who will eventually buy it
from will no doubt be a fanatic (unlike myself) who will insist on a
totally original car.  I'll just move all of those boxes of "junk" to
the bed of his truck and we'll both be content.

BTW, I'm also of the opinion that you have a bad master cylinder.
Is it aluminum?  Did TR3s have the dual type?  If it's Al and a single
unit, you might be better off with a new one.  The one's for my
snake cost $60 each (I have two separate MCs).  Almost not worth going
to the trouble of rebuilding.

Roland