Goliath ?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Goliath ?
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 92 8:36:49 CDT
 dstone @sc9.intel.com asks >

>  Okay, you stumped me. *What* is a Goliath ?

Even though I have seen the one at the ALFA pot-luck-and-car-ogle, I can't
really answer that question, so could you all help out?  Here is what litte
I have surmised:

Boxy sedan probably made late fifties or early sixties.  Front engine, rear
drive.  Regular Hotchkis rear with leaf springs.  Front suspension has
transverse leaf spring which runs above the engine/gearbox about at the
bellhousing.  Engine is a pancake or boxer type, 4 cylinder I think.

I have heard the name before, and know virtually nothing about them, so
if you do know something, tell us!