Re: removing paint from alloy wheels (summary)

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: removing paint from alloy wheels (summary)
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 11:57:31 -0400
        I don't why I missed it, but...  You should be able to
get a source for the beads by calling a machine shop.  They use
em' to blast cylinder heads clean etc.  Come to think of it I
have a bag in my garage.  Be careful not to get then into your
eyes.  If you need a cheepy spray setup, try getting on of those
disposable deals.  The consisit of a glass bottle (1 pint) and a
compressed air cylinder.  It essentially is a spray can that you
put the paint in.  The pattern is pretty good all thing considered.
I have sprayed body panels with one and had good results.  It
seem to remember the name of the spray setup being "Spray".  A good
paint store will know what I'm talking about (even if I don't)

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu