Re: Re: removing paint from alloy wheels (summary)

To: woodruff@engin.umich.edu
Subject: Re: Re: removing paint from alloy wheels (summary)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 09:43:52 pdt
> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 92 11:57:31 -0400
> From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
> To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
> Subject: Re:  removing paint from alloy wheels (summary)
>
> eyes.  If you need a cheepy spray setup, try getting on of those
> disposable deals.  The consisit of a glass bottle (1 pint) and a
> compressed air cylinder.  It essentially is a spray can that you
> put the paint in.  The pattern is pretty good all thing considered.
> I have sprayed body panels with one and had good results.  It
> seem to remember the name of the spray setup being "Spray".  A good
> paint store will know what I'm talking about (even if I don't)

Another alternative is an air brush.  Thanks to Jerry Kaidor for
suggesting this to me.  You can buy one at a model store for <$20 and it
comes with a replaceable can of compressed propellant.  I bought a
little fitting for a couple of bucks that allows me to connect mine to
my compressor.  Using an air brush is a bit more tedious than a spray
gun but no worse than a spray can and you have a useful tool when your
done.  Air brushes are great for spraying small parts.  I use a large
cardboard box as a spray booth.

Roland