Storage Article (was: Winter Storage)

To: rush@mnementh.Metaphor.COM
Subject: Storage Article (was: Winter Storage)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 92 17:22:13 pst
> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 92 16:39:18 PST
> From: rush@mnementh.Metaphor.COM (Ed Rush)
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Winter Storage
>

> > One of the guys in my Jag club got one of those car-sized zip lock bags
> > to store his car in.  ...  Anyone ever use one of these? Any comments?
> >
> > With all the mice and squirrels around my place, I'm tempted to use one
> > just to keep them out of the cars.
>
> Yeah, but how do you slide the bag under the tyres?

You drive or roll the car into the bag.  Also, these bags are to be used
inside, i.e.  in a garage, barn, et cetera.

BTW, if anyone is interested I have a copy of an article published in
the Shelby Club mag on car storage I can e-mail to anyone interested.

One point the article made was that a "stored" car should be driven
about 20 miles or so once per month, if possible, to avoid the kinds of
problems mentioned.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com