Re: MG Wiring queries

To: atf@scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Wiring queries
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 93 10:33:06 -0700
Changing the subject to rebuilding MGB front wheel calapers:

As I was replacing brake pads, I noticed that one of the front calaper pistons
was frozen.  I decided to clean out the calapers & replace the seals.  I was
able to get the pistons out and cleaned up the pistons & inside of the calapers.
I started following the directions on putting in the new seals:

1. Put the seal with the rectangular cross section in the inner grove.

2. Push the piston into place leaving it about 1/8 inch out.
3. Place the seal with the 'V' shaped inner lip in the retainer (little metal
ring)  Slide this seal over the piston & use special Churchhill tool to seat the
seal & retainer in the outer grove.

Well I do not have the special tool & the seal & retainer won't seat into the
grove by finger pressure & I do not want to bugger it up.  Sooo... How does
everyone else rebuild front calapers?

I'm sitting with no front brakes & waiting for expert guidence.

TeriAnn
"Hoping I still have a job after the upcoming Apple layoffs"