Adjustable camber on midgets

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Adjustable camber on midgets
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 13:31:38 EDT
|Date: 8-12-93  1:28pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:BITNET
|Subj: Adjustable camber on midgets
   I had my midget in the alignment/tire balance shop a few weeks ago
and the technician pointed out that the camber figures were out of spec.
>From driving on roads in this area and hitting some huge pot holes, I
wasn't surprised.  As we all know (well most of us anyway), it's not
real easy to adjust camber on midgets, on B's too I suppose.  I started
looking around and found some adjustable shock arms to correct camber.
One place I saw wanted ~$100 a piece for uprated shocks with the
adjustable end link.  I also saw a place advertised in Hemmings that was
selling the arms for ~$35 a piece.
    My camber isn't real far out of spec., but far enough that I know in
a few years (months) it will probably be way out from the roads.  Does
anyone have experience with these adjustable arms.  Thetheory sounds
real good.  I just put rebuilt shocks on the front, so I'd hate to spend
another $200 for the new shocks with the arms.  How hard would it be to
put a new arm on armstrong shocks?

    Thanks,
      Dean