Re: Hitched!

To: tcox@dom1.nuwes.sea06.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Hitched!
From: megatest!bldg2fs1!sfisher@uu2.psi.com (Scott Fisher)
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 93 10:37:26 PDT
> Oh BTW.  An update on the future Mrs.  She is making me get rid of the Mazda
> RX-7 and letting me keep the MGB.

It's not too late to back out of the deal... No woman who "makes" and
"lets" you do what SHE wants with YOUR cars is worth it!  This is but the
thin end of the wedge.  Six months it'll be "but I *let* you keep your
MG, honey."  Then it'll be "I should never have let you keep that MG!"
Then it'll finally come down to "We really can't afford a two-seater
after Ashley's born, you'll have to sell it."  The ultimate disgrace
will be when she makes you sell the car as part of the divorce settlement.
Save yourself a lot of heartache NOW and just drive off in one of the cars,
with whoever you've picked for your best man driving the other.

> Now isn't that a switch for you.  Now I just
> have to convince her that I need some time to work on the MG.  For our
> honeymoon we are going scuba diving in Jamaica for a week.  Its a rough life
> but somebody has to do it.

Sigh... We're still planning the 15th anniversary trip to France next
year, FISA permitting: our anniversary is June 23, which is close enough
to the summer solstice that I will manage to be in a little town about
100 miles southwest of Paris, in the departement de la Sarthe, that
weekend.  Kim's only request is, "Can we do at least one non-car thing?"
(Given that the other interest in the Fisher household business is food
and wine, it's unthinkable that I'd miss out on Reims, the Haut-Medoc,
Perigueux, Provence, etc. etc. etc...)

In any event, congratulations and best wishes to both of you, and I hope
that you both get over her unhealthy need to "make" you do things. :-)
And if all else fails, spend a year or two building and driving a race
car.  If she doesn't leave you flat, *anything* you want to do after that
will seem completely reasonable, simple, and cheap in comparison.

--Scott "Paintball while hang-gliding?  Sounds like fun, dear" Fisher