TR 6 RADIATOR

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 RADIATOR
From: DON BATSFORD <BATSFORD@BBN.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 93 09:30:37 EDT
This is my first attempt at posting to the list - so, please excuse any
problems with my efforts!!!

I recently became the "proud owner" of a 1971 TR6 the PO had it for
three years and really didn't do much beyond changing the oil. I am in
the process of fixing the dozens of things required to put it safely
back on the road.

Here is my question:

The fins on the radiator have started to rot off and the tubes have been
repaired several times from the look of things - two shops have quoted
me $250 to replace the core with the original flat fin core. The last
guy suggested that we replace with a core that looks like the one on my
Ford Van - he claims it is welded (not soldered) and carries a longer
warranty (these are made somewhere up in Maine) and for just $225. Does
it matter if we go with the flat fins??? Do these prices sound O.K. or
are they seeing $$$$ when I tell them it's for a lbc.

Thanks for any advice,

Don Batsford

Bolt Beranek and Newman   Cambridge, MA.        Email: Batsford@BBN.COM