Re: advice on lbc insurance in la

To: EUBANK@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Subject: Re: advice on lbc insurance in la
From: miq@wv.MENTORG.COM (Miq Millman)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 8:34:10 PDT
If the MG is old enough (usually 20 years these days, which is good, because
IMHO the pre 1973 MG is the way to go) you can save quite a bit by having the
car insured as a "collector car" or an historic vehicle.  There are limits
that shouldn't be too hard to live with if you have a second car: 2500 miles
a year max, keeping the car in a locked covered garage, no leaving the car
unattended for more than four hours, (ie no leaving the car on the street
overnight, but ok to park at a nice restaurant for an evening's meal).
Admittedly I have more than one car that is not my daily driver, and I live
less than 5 miles from work, so there is little possibility for me to put
more than 2500 miles a year on all my other cars, but this works for me, and
even with stated value comprehensive (I send in pictures and say I want $12K
if my "baby" gets burned up in a fire, they give me $12K if the car gets
totaled) its less than $200 a year for the Porsche, and $150 for the Austin
Healeys.

Data points:  over 25, married, no accidents, no tickets, defensive driving
class, security systems on most cars, living in rural area not within a city
limits, your mileage will (not may) vary.
--

Miq Millman       miq@wv.mentorg.com         miq_millman@rainbow.mentorg.com
Mentor Graphics 8005 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville OR 97070  503 685 1492   C2148