Rotary SPITFIRE

To: 72123.2625@compuserve.com
Subject: Rotary SPITFIRE
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 1994 00:40:16 -0600 (CST)
Wow.  Talk about karmic.  Someone was just asking about alternate engines
for a Sitfidget on british-cars.  I suggested dropping in the
engine/gearbox from an RX-7, as a 13B or even a 12A would add considerably
to the performance, if not the sound (quality.  It could certainly add to
the quantity, unless they get a turbo for it).

Tonight I look at a Nov/Dec '93 Grassroots Motorsports and see that Tim is
essentially taking a poll on whether to do this with parts they have on
hand at the magazine.  Now, since I have not seen the next issue yet, I
don't know if he has announced they are going to do it.

Tim suggested using the live axle with the rear disk brakes from a GSL.  I
concur.  Tim was saying that the loss of independent rear suspension was a
downside.  Not if you are talking about the Spit rear end, IMHO.  Any
properly-located live axle has to be an improvement over that swing-axle
nightmare.

You folks on the autocross and british-car lists have probably noticed by
now that this message is being sent to a Compuserve mailbox.  That is the
address of the aforementioned Grassroots Motorsports Magazine.  So, Hi,
Tim!  I think you should build it.  I also think you ought to subscribe to
these lists.  But be sure to empty your mailbox often if you do.  We have
a reputation for overflowing unwatched Compuserve mailboxes!

So what do you say, listers?  Do we think GRM should build this thing?
I'd prefer a Midget or Europa, of course, but they already HAVE a Spitfire...