Re: Jaguar XJ-S Help Booklet (Free soon!)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jaguar XJ-S Help Booklet (Free soon!)
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 12:44:10
From:           flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu (Flemming Larsen)

> Today, the following (edited) message appeared on the British Car Digest:
> > From: Kirby Palm <palmk@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>
> > Subject: Jaguar XJ-S Help Booklet
> >
> >                   Help for the Jaguar XJ-S Owner
> >
> > To receive a printed copy of this booklet, send $6.  To receive a
>
> I think this posting is an excellent example of the kind of commercial
> advertisements that we do not wish to see on this list!

And, the author also noted he was just trying to recover costs, and share
info about the cars. (Which is what this list is about). So, I suggested
he might want to put it on the SOL file server, which he does, except he
may not have FTP access for puting it there! (See SOL file server info in
seperate posting) He will also need to be able to post updated copies.

To quote his reply to me:
"It's over 300KB, will take a while on my 2400 baud modem, but I'm sure
some folks will prefer this method of acquiring it."

One good solution might be if one of the Jag freaks who does have regular
FTP access offers to put his files on the server for him. (preferably
zipped)

Volunteers should respond directly to kirby:
Kirby Palm <palmk@freenet.scri.fsu.edu>

Roger -Lets work together folks- Garnett