Re: Radar and others.

To: FZust@admin.clemsonsc.ncr.com (Zust, Fred)
Subject: Re: Radar and others.
From: Paul Osborne <paul@ee.rochester.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 12:51:08 -0500 (EST)
/
/ To preface, I live in South Carolina, normally a warm area.  We had snow,
/ and it sanded and plowed off the highways,  covering most of the speed limit
/ signs.  Even when it melted, the sand and residue obscured the signs.  I was
/ going home, driving 72mph in a 65 zone, when I see the blue lights in my
/ mirror.  I pull over and the cop tells me that I have been in a 55mph zone
/ for about 1/2 a mile.  I get a steep $80 ticket for 72 in a 55 zone.  Of
/ course, this destroys a perfect driving record, and raises my insurance
/ about $600 a year.  The thing that pisses me off, is that all it was was a
/ trap.  It wasn't the cop trying to keep dangerous people off the road, he
/ was filling his quota.  He was perched right on the edge of a speed change,
/ by a sign that was covered and unreadable!  Of course this a matters not, I
/ will pay the ticket, try to get the points reduced, and get on with life.
/  Since I can't drive legally without getting nailed,  Can anyone shed some
/ light, on the best Radar/Laser detectors?  What about Radar Jammers, you see
/ advertised in the back of magazines?  What are the most cost effective
/ solutions.  What about the Radar Bras for cars that  reduce the radar
/ signature? HELP!
/
/ Fred(Lost in a Lotus-less Land)Zust  Fred.Zust@clemsonsc.ncr.com
/ 803-843-5163
/
        Where you live and where the officer was, doing his job, has
        nothong to do with your case. If you use the speed detctor
        that came with your car, the spedo, you would not be looking
        for a device to look for the radar. I sugest that you use
        that device that came with your car and slow down before you
        do something to yourself or someone else that will cost more
        than you can aford.