Magic Number 3.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Magic Number 3.
From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 20:44:42 MST
Well, It seems that the magic number 3 has appeared again in connection
with my LBCs (some of you may remember the last time I posted on this
subject. This time it occured when:

I BOUGHT ANOTHER TR7! (I'm really VERY sick!)

Upon glancing through the local shopper (free ad paper), I chanced upon
an offer to sell a 1977 TR7, no price listed (Hmmm, could it be a parts
car?). A call to the owner confirmed this, along with an initial asking
price of only $500. I asked where I might view the vehicle and it turned
out to be one that I had crawled over not more than 6 months ago. I knew
the car to be fairly intact from memory, so I was impressed to go have
another peek at it this morning.

What I found:

A medium Blue with White striping TR7 fixedhead coupe, dated JAN 1977
Engine still together, supposedly running (but no battery and some
disconnected electrical disallowing me from starting it).
Dashboard removed, inside car - Blue in colour.
4 speed standard tranmission.
a brake resevoir containing fluid! (although somewhat dark)
VIN ACW 07977U
odometre 85377 Km.

The body of this car is in EXCELLENT condition. only a couple of minor
dents (not on larger body panels - just the back boot edge and one
behind the rear wheel well, on the rocker panel, Left side. Most of the
paint is good, slight oxidation, a little peeling on the boot.

Most importantly: NO RUST!! (not even surface rust on bare exposed
metal)

Final purchase price: $400.

This should keep me busy a while longer (it was getting less exciting
with so many of my cars in good running order!).

--
Internet: gall@ultrix.uleth.ca

"You miss too much these days if you stop to think"
By a famous Irish poet and philosopher, Bono of the band U2, circa '91.

'76 Triumph TR7 V8 (Buick 350) Fixedhead Coupe.
'77 Triumph TR7 4spd. Fixedhead Coupe.                  _   /|  A
'79 Triumph TR7 Auto Drophead Coupe.                    \`o_O'  C
'78 Mazda RX7.                                            ( )   K
'73 FIAT 128 Coupe SL 1300cc.                              U    !